Join us for BCFB's AGM see more
BC Food & Beverage members in good standing are hereby invited to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held virtually on Wednesday, June 28th beginning from 11:00 am to 11:45 am. As we share with members a recap of 2022, including highlights and financial performance, a look ahead to 2023, and the election of new Directors.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
1. approve the minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting;
2. receive the Audited Financial Statements for 2022;
3. Reaffirm Grant Thornton as BCFB’s Auditors for 2023;
4. Review of 2022 presented by James Donaldson, BCFB CEO
5. Election Directors
Are you an operations professional in the food & beverage industry? see more
Join your BC Food & Beverage Operations professionals at BCFB’s Operations Roundtable hosted by BCFB member, Scotiabank, presented by Jeff Zonneveld and sponsored by Qualtech. This roundtable is designed to allow members to speak openly about the challenges they're facing and share ideas on possible solutions and best practices.
Topic: Yield: Finding the Lost Pennies that can make or Break your Bottom Line
Learn from Operations Executive Jeff Zonneveld’s first-hand experiences on improving yields at small, medium, and large Canadian Food and Beverage companies resulting in millions of dollars in increased profitability.
- Where to look for hidden waste/shrink in your company. Where are your lost pennies hiding?
- Determining the value of waste/shrink in your company. Can your lost pennies be worth more than you ever thought?
- Corrective actions to reduce waste/shrink. It all adds up!
- The value of educating your employees in the process. Turn your employees into ambassadors for savings.
- The need to measure your waste/shrink regularly and make this one of your main KPI’s. If you do not measure it – you CAN NOT improve it!!
Who should attend?
- Mid-Senior Level Operation Professionals in the Food & Beverage Industry
*Please note spaces are limited to 20 participants for this roundtable*
Thank you to our Sponsor
Bring the questions to ask a lender see more
Join BCFB and Vancity for this presentation as Puneet Jain discusses the key things that a lender looks for when considering to lend to a business.
- Lenders consider an applicant's credit score, income, and employment history to assess their ability to repay the loan.
- A borrower's debt-to-income ratio is another factor that lenders may look at.
- Collateral may be required for secured loans.
- For business loans, lenders may want to review the borrower's business plan and industry trends.
- The purpose of the loan is also an important factor for lenders.
- Financial statements are often required to assess the borrower's financial health.
- Lenders may review the borrower's cash flow to ensure they have enough cash to make loan payments.
- With a background in finance and law, Puneet has been working at Vancity for 13 years as a Small Business Advisor and Microfinance Program Manager. In this role, he offers coaching, guidance, and financial support to small businesses in their early stages of development as well as those that are expanding
Thank you to our 2023 Title Sponsor:
General CooksCLS Catering Services Ltd.14 Apr 20233560 Jericho Road, Richmond, BC V7B 1C2
Connect with other Founders see more
Are you a Founder looking to connect and hear stories from other entrepreneurs? We're inviting you to spend a Founders After Hours evening eating, drinking and connecting with some BC Food & Beverage friends.
Alisa Hutton, BCFB COO, is inviting you to join her, Rob Adamovsky and Grayson Bain of LFG Partners, to spend the night connecting, networking. Rob and Grayson, will be spend some time sharing about some funding you can get for your R&D cost to make sure you aren’t leaving any money on the floor. More than ever, you want to make sure you are taking advantage of any cost savings.
Both Rob and Grayson, specifically work with SMEs in this area and will be there for great advice and to answer any of your questions. Join us at Havana on Commercial Drive at 6PM.
First round of drinks is on BCFB, but dinner will be at your expense.
CpageDecember 19, 2022
CpageNovember 16, 2015
CpageAugust 11, 2020
CpageNovember 16, 2015
CpageDecember 07, 2021
CpageAugust 10, 2020
- See more items...
About BC Food & Beverage