Sales Strategy, Planning, and Enablement for 2021 and Beyond
If we have learned anything from 2020 it is that the basic business lessons are important for survival as we look ahead to build strategies and tactics for 2021 and beyond. Those basics include self-awareness and knowledge of the markets we work in, and what our investment and best approach is to maximize our success. Who we are as a business; who our core customer is; and what problems we solve for our customers and prospects are all foundational to how we will invest in our sales and marketing organization, and agreeing those across the entire business is critical for success.
This high-level presentation looks at how to approach the challenge faced by sales management and teams in creating a successful strategy that balances managing existing accounts and new sales growth. A clear and concise sales strategy defines the tools, training, and skills required to meet targets while gaining the support and investment required from the entire company. The strategy should build a framework for developing a team that will have the training, tools and mandate to deliver the expected results. The presentation will also discuss the key areas that need to be addressed including agreement on the real value proposition for customers; integration of marketing with sales into a growth engine that is often referred to as SMarketing; managing funnel and pipeline data so that it becomes transparent and productive; and the tracking required to confirm results are delivering against the agreed strategy (and understanding why, when and where that is not happening).
- Value and impact of an agreed strategy and plan – and why this does not have to be a complex and time-consuming process
- Integration of a growth-engine approach using the SMarketing idea to get everyone measuring the same results from the top of funnel to the end sales
- The value of digital investment, and how that is rapidly changing everything
- The importance of investing in people and skills, and where to start (e.g. sales training to enhance selling skills, cold calling, negotiations)
- The value in investing in just-in-time technology without breaking the bank
Dave Cavan, Growth Strategist at Incrementa Consulting
** By registering for this event, you consent to allow the presenter to connect with you for purposes such as; event follow up communications, prize give always, contest draw entries, access to documents, as relevant.